Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday, 29 June 2013

Wartorn weekend Scarborough - part 1

The cowboys have been out on the road again this weekend with a visit to the Yorkshire Riviera.
Wartorn is in its 3rd year, and coincides with Armed Forces weekend, so a wargames show, with displays by the Red Arrows, a Typhoon , and the Battle of Britain Memorial flight. What more could any gamer want.




























We have played 4 participation games today, involved a couple of visitors who have never played games before who really enjoyed it.



Red Arrows.. A fine display



More shooting tomorrow!

16 comments:

  1. looks great, some fantastic terrain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James , I intend to bring it down to Blog Con!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure that I've said it before, but you do have a lovely setup!

    I'd be interested to hear more about the part-constructed building that I think I can see, opposite the stockyard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it has certainly had a lot of positive comment today, and it is nice to get it all out once in a while.

      The under construction or by Products for Wargamers, you need to email them to order them, they were £8.

      http://www.productsforwargamers.com/buildings.html

      Delete
  3. Great looking set up

    I bet you had lots of complements
    ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a nice reward for the effort

      Delete
  4. Lovely table !!
    amazing buildings and figures: I like a lot!
    Sometimes, I'm jealous of all the work you do...
    I suppose that you have a lot of time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy! Wish I had known you were on your way up to my home town! I would have particularly like to have seen the cowboys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity about that, it's a two day affair so still chance

      Delete
  6. Wow thats looks like a great game and show there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers , also a nive VBCW, game you may have appreciated as well by the Brompton Bankers

      Delete
  7. Fantastic collection. Looks great laid out on the table like that. You have every right to be proud of this. An excellent contribution to our gaming community and puts our best foot forward.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
Sudan stuff

On the PREPATION table.
Sudan stuff

In the PLANNING
WW2 & modern micro armour