Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday, 6 February 2012

A Bitsa week

As in bits of this n bits of that. Work continues on the Mamalukes. The new basing material ordered have just turned up so i will be able to finish them this week now. I have however completed a little vignette piece for Curt's Painting challenge. One of the categories is for Best female. I was given this little set which apparently was a give away at Partizan a few years ago sculpted by Matt Bickley . Not sure of the title of it, but I havecalled it "The perils of Pauline" after the old black & white films. A couple of great figures to paint. I now just need to find the dashing hero figure to rescue her!
  
.
                                                               I can just hear the music.....


In addition I have been to the York show "Vapnartark" . The first show attended in many years. Nice to see figures in the flesh as it were and i did of course succumb to adding to lead mountain.

Additions to the lead pile - all just because i really liked the look of them , and will be fun to paint.:-
Trent miniatures - Napoleon as first consul, and General Lecourbe. 
Great War miniatures - Crimean War - British Lancers charging
Artizan Designs - Foreign Legionnaires in Kepi
Crusader miniatures - Vikings
Mutineer Miniatures - Indian Mutiny - British command set

The first major order for the Mahdist forces has also arrived - I now have 480 Foot figures , and 25 Mounted to complete - that should look impressive once done.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful vignette Dave. Very nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great little piece, very unusual too. I'll look forward to see your version of the Trent Napoleon, I painted him up a few years ago, its a great figure, how are you going to paint him up?

    ReplyDelete

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
Sudan stuff

On the PREPATION table.
Sudan stuff

In the PLANNING
WW2 & modern micro armour