2012 - Highlights
1) I saw the return of some regular gaming - the main aim of the Cowboy collection.
2) Managed 4 shows - enjoyed them all.
3) I also think i am turning out some of the very best painting I have ever done, still learning and growing with it.
4) The blog continues to grow with over 50,000 hits and 130+ people interested enough to follow it. I thank you all. Not too long until the 2nd Birthday in March - the blogging has helped keep the painting moving - and provided a great sense of shared community and camaraderie.
4) The French Caisson team post was far and away the most popular of the year over 400 hits and counting - good to see something not seen so often be very popular.
The years top post
In terms of painting/gaming goals for the new year there are a few :-
1) Clear up a few remaining stalled project in January - ready for new projects.
2) Regular gaming - initially with the Old West Stuff. A visit or two to the Wargames Holiday Centre to see old friends.
3) Put on a game at the new show "A Call to Arms" in March.
4) Complete more buildings /terrain for the Old West - Station, Courthouse, Bigger Jail, Boot Hill, Mine etc - see what can be done in terms of using the lads at the local club who have a Laser Cutter to make some reproducable items maybe?
5) Get the Sudan project to a gameable standard
6) Decide on which to do next - Gangsters & Bootleggers game or 55 days in Peking, Very British Civil War -or something WW1 related - and sort out a plan. All will have to be capable of gaming on a small table for now.
Anyway - I Wish you all the very best for this New Year.