Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

The bad twin...

That kind gentleman Michael Awdry (28mm Victorian Warfare)offered me the chance to have a few figures painted.

Well I thought I must get him to do some cowboys. I am working on a scenario with a good and bad twin, so I asked Michael to do the "bad" version of the US Marshal. This is the set by Crusader that comes with a mounted and foot figure.

I really love the the pinstripe on his trousers, great job.











Michael even made up a rather fine terrain piece for them, that will be used on the edge of town. Cheers Michael


15 comments:

  1. Amazing work. I tried to do the stripes like that and just about went insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Sir M has certainly outdone himself on this masterpiece!!! Fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantabulous! Sir Michael has done a great job for you with these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, really brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great model and so well painted. I am really jealous of the pinstripe, I have tried that and it's really hard

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a lovely bit of kit. A great addition to your fabulous Western collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so lucky, I too own an Awdry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very smart Dave, lovely diorama.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. They look excellent.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog sir!
    I shall return

    Eric the shed

    ReplyDelete

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
Sudan stuff

On the PREPATION table.
Sudan stuff

In the PLANNING
WW2 & modern micro armour