Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday, 27 January 2014

Vapnartak 2014. York 2nd Feb.

It's the start of the show season. Coming up this Sunday at York Racecourse is the York Wargames show, Vapnartak 2014. I will be popping along for a bit of a mooch around. I will be on the look out for some WW1 figures , a few paint supply top ups, perhaps some reading material, and just some things that catch the eye.



I shall also be catching up with some friends old and new. So if anyone wants to catch up I will be around the Warbases stall around 11.00 giving Loki a hard time and asking all sorts pedantic customer type questions.



The Hero round for Curt's challenge is already submitted. Let's hope this round has non of the voting shenanigans ! Well done on sorting it out Curt. Really looking forward to seeing what comes up this time.

My next submission to the main challenge is still a few weeks away.. It's a biggie!

Location:Vapnartak 2014. York 2nd Feb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
10mm ACW

On the PREPATION table.
10mm Mamelukes

In the PLANNING
Death in the Dark continent stuff