Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 19 April 2014

Paint table Saturday

It's around again!

It's been a quiet week on the painting front, just a few base colours added to the cavalry units on the go at the moment. However it did see the arrival from Historex of the next 54mm Cowboy. This is the Yul Brynner figure,usable for either The Magnificent 7 or Westworld. Either way I have decided to go for black clothing for him, meaning it's a rare (for me) use of black as an undercoat. The challenge will be in keeping the highlight work subtle and not letting get to light. Looking forward to doing this one.







Base yellow ochre for the yellow uniforms of the Spanish Dragoons. checking resources I have 3 possible uniforms for the trumpeters! Decisions, decisions.



About half way there on the troopers for the Cuirassiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment