Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 17 December 2017

Challenge prep time is nearly up..

I have cleared the paint desk of its last lurkers - and they are winging their way across to Canada.

Stradiots - done... ready to grace a table in Canada
As for challenge preparation I have kicked off some big units for early submission, and to get the unit with the most work done early - well as no one has invented tartan paint it will take a while 

Yes - it a very big unit of Highlanders
Camels - of course

And something a bit different - I will leave you to guess. 
I have a load of other various  stuff cleaned up and ready to go. but not too bothered about the undercoats not being done yet as its not a sprint , more a marathon. My winter challenge will I think be pretty diverse this year. looking forward to it. 



14 comments:

  1. Not long til the paint starts flowing. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the fact painting that much tartan doing your head in they will look absolutely amazing when finished. A real centrepiece unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well that is the hope matey! I may even do a flag!

      Delete
  3. Really looking forward to seeing these finished Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m feeling tired just looking at all those camels......will be great to see them finished and adding to the battle.......and postmen ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep postmen - telegraphists ... for my own vbcw faction

      Delete
  5. Tartan paint? Hah, I wrote a blog article about that a while ago :-) !

    I'm sure you'll finish them all very nicely though; I have faith in your abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see that your first volley is primed and ready to deliver. Good idea to get those Highlanders out of the gate first - like in history, they can be rather beastly when you're in the midst of them.

    Looking forward to seeing those Stradiots close up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes indeed - I am looking forward to getting them

      Delete
  7. Ahh, what eould the challenge be without camels?
    Really looking forward to follow your progress throughout this years madness.

    ReplyDelete