Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 14 November 2018

WIP - Back to the brushes

I have finally got some brush time in. I have a game coming up at the Battleground show with the Old Guard group. We are getting the ACW stuff out again - so I am topping up the Union infantry with another 30 or so stands , and doing 6 limbers for my Confederates.

Limber teams coming along nicely
Stockton on Tees 24th November - its looking like a good show 


I am working on clearing out some other long term paint desk squatters as well to clear the decks prior to the AHPC winter challenge.  Some tanks, bash bazooka and unit a of Naploeonics need clearing out by Xmas .


Martin, James and I are down to run a game at Hammerhead and it looks like we are going Pulp style to recreate "Tales of the Gold Monkey"


I managed to source a 1/48th kit to make "Cutters Goose"


its something a bit different which is nice. Anyway - back to wielding brushes which is nice


11 comments:

  1. Very impressive limbers and crewmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Productive as always, I like the idea of bashing stuff out to make space to get even more done for the challenge....shouldn’t you be resting before the challenge ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The desk has been too cluttered , which is hindering productivity .. so it’s git to be done !

      Delete
  3. Nice limber teams Dave , and that seaplane looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin , looking forward to making the plane

      Delete
  4. Great looking limbers Dave, very fine. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie . At least in 10mm they don’t bust the bank,,, still need to get another 10 sourced and done mind

      Delete