Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Friday 24 July 2020

Sudan - Royal West Kents.

I have returned to the Sudan to complete the the final unit for the British infantry. A 36 figure unit for the Royal West Kents., plus a couple of skirmish stands and mounted Officer  I have gone for another red coated unit.



So that gives me 10 British infantry units altogether.


15 comments:

  1. lovely, though you had finished the sudan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hotel California... can check out but never leave! . I don’t have any more British infantry figures left to paint!

      Delete
  2. They look magnificent Dave, I like the idea of the skirmish line basing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks . I do like to do the skirmish bases - need to find a few more dynamic poses though still

      Delete
  3. Nice paint job - Perry plastic figures? Cheers Greg (Delta Coy Blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful painting and basing sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan to add this unit in due course. My Godfather and father served with them, the former from 1935 until transferring to the Parachute Regiment in 1954.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful as usual, set off beautifully by the desert mat

    ReplyDelete