Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 9 March 2024

7DTTR - Gaming - Invasion Finland

 MartinC wanted a game with his Finns this weekend so we pulled a game together at Pendraken HQ. I decided to set up some winter table stuff to see what it’s starting to look like . The basic scenario was an attempt to capture a small airfield by the Soviets . Martin expected me to rock up with lots of tanks and helicopters - I thought that may be the case so went infantry heavy . In 7 Days infantry are slow to kill , taking multiple hits so he would not have enough firepower to stop me . 



My new winter roads will be along shortly once I pick them up from Bren who made them they will just need some snow/tufts adding in due course .


Finn armour burns from RPG to the flank .

Payback as a T64 explodes 
My armour was getting  hit in return , but the infantry were progressing nicely picking their way through towards to airfield .
 

AA Marksman vehicle incinerated by a mission from the Hind 
The Hinds knocked out the antiaircraft , though were knocked out by some manpads missiles in the end . 

Soviet infantry cleared the Finns from the wood and push into the airfield buildings .


 

Finnish vehicles burn on the airfield as Soviet infantry occupy the airfield buildings . The Finns didn’t have enough infantry or firepower to eject them .





8 comments:

  1. Looks like a phenomenal game. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - it’s coming together terrain wise . Rules need a few tweaks for us to be happier with them

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers ! If you are over again give me a shout sure we might get you into a game!

      Delete
  3. Good game, had fun until you deployed🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣🤣🤣. Yep I thought would catch you out .. sneaky huh!

      Delete
  4. Good stuff. Interesting to hear you outfoxed poor Martin before he'd even brought his Finns to the tabletop. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete