Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday, 2 April 2012

And the giveaway's go to.....

Many thanks to those of you who commented on the Birthday blog post - and who registered your interests for the birthday give away.

Those giveaways with multiple interest were decided on the the roll of a d6 - well it could hardly be anything else could it . It probably even counts as my first "gaming" of the year.

So the list of participants in order they expreseed an interest would decided how it was split up are:

The Kevin Dallimore Masterclass book:-
TamsinP   - "1"
The Kiwi  - "2"
Sebastofig  - "3"
Ray Roussell - "4"
Anne - "5"
Roll a "6" - do it again!

For "Band of Brothers DVD"
Paulalba "1-3"
Warpaintjj - "4-6"

For "Zulu"
Ian - "1-2"
Silverwhistle "3-4"
Warpaintjj - "5-6"

For "Hellriders"
Phyllion - a shoe in!! you win that one!

For "The Old Contempibles"
Michael Awdry - another shoe in!! you win that one!

Ok so time to reveal the gods of chance

TamsinP

 Paulalba
 Ian

I just hope that this it for the low rolls for the year.

TamsinP ,  Paulalba ,   Ian , Phyllion , Michael Awdry if you guys contact me through the "contact me" link on the sidebar with your delivery details I get them in the post to you. I hope you enjoy them.

Right back to painting facings on chasseurs - more of that next time.

13 comments:

  1. Wahey! I've won!

    Address sent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done everyone!!!!! Nice one Dave!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news and a big thank you Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop, prizes! Thanks Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a nice thing for you to do for your readers and congratulations to the winners. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a first game this year your score was pretty lousy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to all the winners and well done to Dave for being such a good egg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats winners!
    Love that Zulu movie. A true classic.

    Low rolls....sheeesh...tell me about it.
    Last weekend. Platoon stays pinned after 10 turns of 4+ to unpin with a CO re-roll. Very funny and hopefully it is my low rolls for the year.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dave,
    Thanks a million, Really chuffed!!!
    Look forward to my parcel.
    Best
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news thanks for the prize. First time I have surfaced since the 1st so it's great to get some good news and something new to watch whilst I recover from illness.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ecellent to hear from ya, it will go in the post over the weekend

      Delete

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
Sudan stuff

On the PREPATION table.
Sudan stuff

In the PLANNING
WW2 & modern micro armour