Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Sudan - Brigade Square

 Progress is going well now, with the enough troops to create a decent sized brigade square. Millsy asked for a full size picture , so here you are..All the troops here are Connoissuer Miniatures


I have another brigade to complete, it's all primed and ready to go. This one will mainly be Perry figures. There are also two Hussar units , one of which the horses are now done. There are also skirmish bases underway to. I should finish this lot all by March.





That will leave me the Camel Corp ( which are going to be expensive to source as mounted and dismounted required)and a steamer (got my eye on the Sarissa one - but may scratch build) to  complete the Imperial forces.

14 comments:

  1. Dave, you paint your 28mm faster than I do 6mm, and your results are still infinitely better than mine :-) Clearly you are a master of this hobby and the Sheik of the Sudan in my books. Have a top New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I have been at this lark a while! Have a great one yourself!

      Delete
  2. By Jingo Dave, that's an impressive display ofImperial might.
    Cheers, PD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That square is just stunning Dave. Looking forward to the camels and I, too, have my eye on that steamer - just looks so cool! Happy New Year my good man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Michael! we can never have to many steamers!

      Delete
  4. Ask and ye shall receive! Bloody awesome sir. Smashing eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply splendid Dave - growing at a rapid and beautifully painted rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlo, indeed it is, but still a bit to go

      Delete
  6. Yep, that looks pretty splendid! It'll need a *lot* of dervishes to tackle these boys - but then you *have* a lot, don't you :-) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hugh, but rally one must have at least a 1000 of the beggars to make it work while.

      Delete