Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 10 January 2017

New Year new projects - Cold War gone Hot!

As alluded to in the New Year post I have my eye on a couple of new projects. There will be a new man cave in the first half of the year - bigger and better with a large permanent table. With having a larger table I have decided to go for some smaller scale projects , but be able to do larger battles with them.

The first project will be 1980s Europe with the Warsaw pact forces deciding to march westward. I picked these GHQ tanks upon the 80's mostly after they were first released so its good to finally see some progress.

This lot are the the various British - Chieftains, Challengers, Scorpions , Scimitars , Warriors and Rapier launchers.







for now this has used up the unpainted brits , I have Germans , and Americans to do plus a horde of Soviets. I will need to work out some proper orbats etc and pick up the various other bits I need. But its a start

4 comments:

  1. What a start Dave, you certainly don't do things by half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I an certainly not a skirmish gamer for sure!

      Delete
  2. Busy already I see! Very nice! Look forward to seeing your hordes grow!

    ReplyDelete