Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 25 March 2018

AHPC VIII - Round Up

Well where did Challenge VIII go eh. This is my was 7th foray - and i enjoyed the usual whit and repartee plus following along some fine work by fellow challengers. Running the paint & chats was fun as ever - Kent you are such a paint machine...! lets see you on them through the year. Paul O 'G - I am just jealous...

As for me, it  was perhaps not as fruitful this year as I had initially hoped due to losing pretty much the first 5 weeks due to illness - I really don't want to see that flu strain again thank you very much! With too much gone it was just not going to be possible to play catch up on my initial target this year given the units i wanted to do . I decided to go off list and play with some side projects...

The projects - various!
the 6mm Modern Soviet force has been completed.

6mm moderns  and 15mm WW2
JamesM is to blame for the foray into 15mm WW2 - which has come from left field - I am really enjoying it - there has been a lot of stocking up of bits for it - so plenty to come.


Key units for the Sudan were completed - the Cameron Highlanders - a unit that was in all honesty bloody hard work, Plus the Egyptian Camel Corps.




The extras for the baggage - that has been added to Challenge 4-5-6 and 7 output - the "Biggest Ever Sudan Game" is planned for the summer.. a 24x12 table with the 3000 figures on it..


I enjoyed a madcap challenge with Sander and Arthur in relation to Camels... Arthur was the star! 



Private Millsy and Doc off into the Foreign Legion Sunset - Boxers Millsy?
I enjoyed the addition of terrain items which helped with the 6mm project big time. 

I will be working on various bit for the Normandy project , and Sudan bits and bobs. 





5 comments:

  1. I wish I managed to do as much as you did Dave, a fabulous year Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An enormous amount of work. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality and quantity Dave, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The attention to details is awesome, great job on the figures and wonderful atmopshere, I love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It did go by very quickly!! Still a tremendous effort though Dave.

    ReplyDelete