Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 15 July 2018

Some new bits - FFL

I have recently picked up some ready painted French Foreign Legion via Colonel Bills -Stu was selling his store ones as he is no longer stocking the range. I don't often buy painted figures , as I nearly always end up wanting to do something with them myself - but in this case a really good job has been made of them.

They had been done by Andy Singleton from Volleyfire Painting I believe.- very nice they are
There are 24 figures in the unit. They are by Unfeasibly Miniatures - a range which seem a bit problematic when it comes to them actually being sold! I have acquired a few packs in the past (languishing in the lead pile) and picked up few more from Stu from his end of range stuff. So I reckon I have all I will ever need - honest.





There were also a few Tuaregs for the opposition to so I got those too. 


I have also acquired a new desert cloth from Tinywargamest o add to the two I already have . this one is 24feet x 3 feet .. and is for the the big game at the WHC. along with some printed 6 foot desrt  track sections you can see along side it. 

Currenltyfolded in 3 8 foot lengths to let the various folds flattened out .  

apart fro the I am embarking on a good tidy up of the man cave , ready for the work I need to complete for the Sudan collection - boats mainly!





12 comments:

  1. A superb French Foreign Legion...and a huge and beautiful terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a load of Unfeasibly Miniatures palm trees and bases, and some Tauregs (various weaponry - spears/swords/shields, possibly some jezzails) if you're looking to buy some as-new bits to expand what you do have? I bought them for myself, last December, when I was having a good look through the stock inventory at Col. Bill's. But I've now decided not to use them. If they're of no interest, it's no problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed , yes I am interested , drop me mail with the details

      Delete
    2. Just sent you an email

      Delete
  3. This looks like a fun diversion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "So I reckon I have all I will ever need - honest."
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Yeah, right :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might have known you would suss that one out!

      Delete
  5. I've always loved those figures but have never been able to find a place to purchase them. Late to the party once again! A great score Dave - you'll put them to good use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that still seems to be an issue, as the various licensed stockists have given up on the owner. There are also issues with a kickstarter that seems to have hit the rails as well with him...
      but I think I have pretty much all I need now.

      Delete