Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Friday 5 October 2018

Sudan. Time for THE big game

Today sees the first of the big games at the Mark Freeths Wargames Holiday Centre. Memories of  the pictures of the original Peter Gilder collection in the 80s is what inspired me to do my own thing. Well 5 years later it’s great to be here with some old friends , and some new ones. Thanks to Carlo Pagano for his work with re creating the rules and for supplying extra play sheets etc.

I will have every single figure , over 2500 of them out of this weekend .. it’s already starting to look good, will the Imperial relief columns save Gordon?  .












8 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant Dave. I have been following the set up on FB and you and Mark will have your hands full that’s for sure. What a sensational effort mate and thanks once again for all your help always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word that's impressive! I may have to sell a kidney and see this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge and gorgeous...Stunning table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's impressive. I'd be willing to sell Millsy's other kidney to visit this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure Millsy kidney would cover it,,

      Delete