Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 24 November 2018

Battleground game

Today saw the guys have a game at the Battleground show, well in between shopping and mooching around .

John has set up the game based on Pickett’s charge. We were using Black Powder which if I am honest are not a favourite , a bit meh for me .. but it was a least simple.

Some limited pics of the battle and show as ended up,with iPad issues due to new software update! But now seem to be sorted.

Union on the right , sitting waiting the Reb advance

My newly painted stuff awaits its fate! It did alright in the end ..










Add caption


Shopping was minimal, but the others seemed to have a reasonable top up  . I got some resin bits for market stores, barrels n boxes from Ainsty, a pack of south sea islanders for the Hammerhead game and few Vallejo green colours that I was running low on . I also picked up some pre order !0mm Confederate ACW packs from Pendraken to boost the 10mm lead hillock up. It seemed a good busy day overall.  It’s great to see this show doing well.









5 comments: