Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Sudan - 21st Lancers

Continuing on with the Omdurman theme , I need to have the 21st Lancers represented . As it wasn’t a unit that’s was particularly on my radar to complete for the collection overall I have just kept it to the  few figures I had in the depth of the lead pile. These are a bit unusual though. They are a one piece casting that has all the look of a Peter Gilder sculpt , but don’t match anything I can find from the old Connoisseur catalogue . I picked them up off e bay  many years ago ..

I decided to base them as a unit as per that other large army loon Simon Miller... using one  of his 20cm large bases .

I soldered the lances into place so  they have an at the charge appearance too. Now if only I can find some more I would make a bigger unit







Anyways that is the prep work all done for filming the battle of Omdurman. 

9 comments: