Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 1 September 2019

Sudan - More Ansar

I have been asked to do some work to help recreate some scenes for the battle of Omdurman in 1898 , so that has seen some extra additions to the collection such as the maxim guns and Young Churchill. Its also been a good driver to crack on an complete some more Ansar to add to the collection.

I still had 4 boxes worth of Perry plastics to make up , so I have done the bits that make up figures with jibbah in this lot (that will leave at least the same Beja still left to do) . I have done them on the large 20cm bases from Simon Miller's Big Red Bat store



Previously adding in the maxim's mean I also really need to do something to show the high level of casualties and as I had a couple of bags of Old Glory dead and wounded they have been complete too - all very gruesome 


So about another 100 figures add to the collection.


Next up some 21st Lancers .. then the job will be done . We plan to do the filming in October over at Bradford working with the fine guys from Legendary Wargames...


14 comments:

  1. Wonderful work. The bases really are nice. With the casualty bases all together like that it looks like a massacre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed , or just perhaps a maxim gun....

      Delete
  2. The same recipe as your tutorial from Monday, 20 April 2015?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are the epitome of a "Whirling Dervish" Dave! Very well done again. Your rate of production of so many high quality figures, scenics and ideas is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luvvly looking figures Sir. I do like the casualty bases too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good Dave ....not certain how you will use the dead bases, but I am sure you have a plan ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt .. indeed there is ...all will be revealed!

      Delete