Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 23 August 2020

ACW - a bit of Pickett’s Charge gaming

 I have been topping up the ACW collection in the last few weeks and have completed just over 450 CSA figures which gives me decent sized armies now for both sides . We had played Regimental Fire & Fury previously which are fine if a bit slow. I had picked up the Picketts Charge set last year so I thought it’s time to give it a run out - albeit solo today - as  hopefully we are back to some face to face club gaming in September with the Old Guard mob so I have offered to run a game with them. I thought it played well . Few more turns to do through this week.

The scenario is the introduction one in the rules book at Antietam and the sunken road.

I still have cavalry to do for both sides . Martin has given me another brigade worth of painted  stuff for the Union which I will rebase for consistency . And there is still some capacity in the Sally 4th RUB MDf inserts so might as well fill em!

Anyway a few shots of toys 












14 comments:

  1. David, Excellent collection and nice table layout. I can see a lot of enjoyable games in the near future. I will be interested to see how you go with the Pickett's Charge rules. Looking at your forces, the original Fire & Fury rules should also work. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks . Yes I am interested in a multi player PC game to see how that goes

      Delete
  2. Looking very fine indeed, nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray - getting difficult to see the blighters !

      Delete
  3. Looks great.
    I've played a bit of Pickets Charge of late and I do like how they play out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking collection........👍 what next I wonder ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking game, Dave! That fencing really sets the tone. Terrific stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly wonderful collection Dave and the choice of scale and how you devise your terrain and look on the table is first class. Really enjoying this variation mate.

    ReplyDelete