Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 26 January 2021

Normandy 44 - Yes more buildings

 Post Xmas I picked a bundle of 15mm pre-painted Battlefront buildings in a sale . They turned up last week and I have been doing a bit of work on those. It gave me a chance to use the AK weathering pencils I got fur Xmas - I like em!

They scale well against the Tiger Terrain pieces ., and help to bulk out the town well. 


Large hotel/ restaurant building 


Brick factory 




Ruined buildings 



Large house .
   

Weathering pencil set 





I think that is enough terrain work for this winter. Time to revisit another project I think.


5 comments:

  1. Those came out very nicely Dave. Best keep the coloured pencils away from Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very nice items David. Be interested to hear how you use the pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More lovely work a veritable city now ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look brilliant - I'd love to see what the town looks like now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crackin looking buildings Dave.

    ReplyDelete