Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 18 January 2021

Normandy 44 - more buildings

 I have completed the last of the Tiger Terrain buildings I have in the ”to do” list , so another 12 added the collection. 



 

I hope to pick up another tranche of these if Stephan puts them back into production for the summer. I have also just dropped a decent sized order for some Battiefront stuff to further fill out the townscape.

 

In other news I have picked up a couple of “winter” style mats . 1 is 8x4 as shown above to drop on my permanent table as required , plus another 12x6 for the larger club games . They are Tundra version from Deepcut Studios. The first effects of Brexit were seen in this order with separate VAT demand and import handling fee - that of course means less pennies to be spent where international orders are concerned . Hopefully I may get to a few of the European shows when they reopen and buy direct. 






1 comment: