Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Thursday 26 April 2012

Napoleon as First Consul

Well enough of musing , more painting required. So here we have Napoleon Bonaparte, First Consul, Reviewing his Troops after the Battle of Marengo. From the painting by  Jean-Antoine Gros.

I found this Trent Miniatures figure I had aquired at York earlier this year and it was already undercoated , so while doing prep work on the first lot of Salute purchases decided to finish him off. Nice and colourful with the red coat. A very nice figure to paint.I used the Andrea Red set for for the coat.





 

Also been working on the first of the Old West building - check out the "One man and his trowel" tab

16 comments:

  1. Great painting Dave, its nice to see the Emperor in red for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - makes a nice change - nice and bright too

      Delete
  2. Wow, nice work!

    It's really hard to paint a good looking white horse but this one is a real eyecatcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like doing white horses and this one was a decent one to do

      Delete
  3. Agree with Thomas, I can't seem to paint white horses to save myself.Wonderful work Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. once you get the hang of it - they are pretty quick

      Delete
  4. Beautiful figure and painting Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very nicely done. The red looks great. I've yet to obtain any Trent figures. What I've seen looks good. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is certainly a cracking figure and nicely done Dave. The depth in those reds is particularly impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Andrea Red's are particularly good to use - highly recommended

      Delete
  7. Very nice work, Dave. The Andrea Red set? I´m going to put it in my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how I missed your post Dave so sorry I'm late. That's is a nice little figure and you are so good at getting those whites to look good on your horses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done and as mentioned above, seeing the little man in red makes a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful figure, love how you have painted the horse.

    ReplyDelete