Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

3 Amigo's

A few "Banditos" have turned up from across the Rio Grande looking for trouble. These are Black Scorpion figures - the metal versions which is nice as they are all resin now. I did a very rare thing (as in last time I did it was 20+ plus years ago) and actually bought them ready painted and based from e-bay. Pleased to say they matched the description and photo well - all I added was a tuft or two of grass and another coat of varnish and changed brown on the base to match my others..  I take no credit for them - they are very nicely done. They will make a nice addition to the collection - along with a few more I have to paint myself.




ok - ok enough of the cowboy stuff....

So a few tasters of the AWI - 71st Highlanders in glorious Old School shininess's. Rather pleased with the end result - the piper don't forget is a conversion from an ordinary private soldier carrying a musket.Just a couple done of these to get my eye in on them - just another 54 to finish.. can't wait to see the whole unit en masse 



More next time.

8 comments:

  1. I didn't realise they had changed their figures from metal to resin, I take it this is reflected in the price. These look good, hope you got yourself a bargain.
    The AWI figures are looking superb, modern style painting on old style figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat - no saving against the metal - and the casting quality has been a bit variable with the resin in my experience - if i get nay more poor one i will be sending them back for exchange.

      Delete
  2. Some nice work Dave, I never realised Black Scorpion were now resin either??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - only a few left in metal - boo...

      Delete
  3. Really like those bandits a good find!
    The highlanders are suitably shiny too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Willie - yes was pleased with getting them. Ah yes old school shiny - just the job for these lads

      Delete
  4. The Bandidos (or Amigos) are very nice, a good adition to your collection.

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do shiny so well! Great work Dave.

    ReplyDelete

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
10mm ACW, 28mm Stradiots

On the PREPATION table.
ACW Terrain, Egyptian and Sudanese troops for the Sudan

In the PLANNING
Death in the Dark continent stuff
Pulp Alley