Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time wargamer.Wargaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of wargaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy. Sharing hints and tips with the masters has really helped my own style over the years. I will share some hard won hints and tips where I can. My style and preference is certainly "old school". Over the last couple of years I have moved into skirmish games more - and really like the American West, as you might tell by the number of posts.

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

95th Rifles

As well as the recent diorama set of these I have completed 12 of these individual pesky grasshoppers .  Riflemen based for skirmish games.
 
These are again Front Rank miniatures. Good clean high quality castings that took no real work to clean up. A nice variety of poses and headgear too. The green used is the Andrea Color shade 1 and shade 5 to get the main colour, with highlight and shadow work being just other colours from the set.









Nice to do some Napoleonics - few more coming up too

16 comments:

  1. Nice figures , and very good paint .
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvellous! I can't imagine the patience just to do the numbers on the packs by hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheeers Martin, just a decent brush a 0 with good point and well thinned paint , nno real problem

      Delete
  3. Very nice, some of the best I have seen.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green looks good Dave and the numbers on their backpacks finish them off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, yeah its the little touches that do it

      Delete
  5. I like the natural / de-saturated pallette. For what games do you plan to use them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - no idea , just fancied painting them

      Delete
  6. These are fantastic. I think the colour choices are spot on.

    ReplyDelete

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
KRRC
15th Punjab
Royal Artillery screw guns

On the PREPATION table.
British forces for the Sudan.
More Mahdists camel!
54mm Cowboys

In the PLANNING
British Hussars for the Sudan