Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Thursday, 27 June 2013

The Camp

Been working on adding a camp scene which can be used either at the edge of town , or as part of stand alone scenario.

The base is a piece of carpet tile, with PVA and the usual sand mix. The tents are separate Renedra items , mounted on base so they can be used  individually.  The fire contains a blinky so when switched on it flashes to provide the centre piece of the campfire scene.




 The various pots and pans are by Dixon , as are the 4 figures


More beans? - Anyone seen Mongo.?

Off to work we go.


The hitching rope , with 4 hourses by Knuckleduster. 


 




12 comments:

  1. "I'd say you've had enough"

    Lovely stuff Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take a messages, tell them I said....oooowh

      :-)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Sensational stuff Dave, love the camp clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic vignette, fantastic. Perfect for a table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. I like the sleepy dude. He is my favourite character there.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah he is one of my favourites too

      Delete
  5. Excellent work, Dave! I always love a good vignette and this is a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers... i think it get some use as well.. i can see a few scenario's using it

      Delete
  6. Hi Dave, nice wee dio, I recognise that sleepy guy and glad to see him getting a good hone with a coat of paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was just the job and an inspiration for it , cheers Paul

      Delete

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
10mm ACW

On the PREPATION table.
10mm Mamelukes

In the PLANNING
Death in the Dark continent stuff