Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Thursday 26 December 2013

Christmas Unwrapped

A day of chilling and relaxing yesterday. I spend a few moments reflecting on my colleagues at work keeping the county working , and the people impacted by the severe weather we have had.

After being treated to a wonderful dinner it was time to explore what seemed to be a multitude of gifts.

First up a superb effort by Secret Santa. The first elements of the mounted U.S. Cavalry for the Serenity collection.


Well done Santa.

Mrs D may rue the day these crossed the threshold... 54mm cowboys. A few more of these and I may have a viable game !


Some additional supporting material for future distractions.





What with Curt, Sidney and Byron showing off this , it is time to jump in. I have a project in mind to follow the battles of my own local battalion over the coming 4 years of anniversaries. (They entered France in 1915)


There is a great on line history of it , and I have visited the Western Front many times visiting the places involved.


An off the wall choice here , but it's a stage on from Old West and allows some elements of traditional RPG as well . We will see where this goes.

Next some reading material.





Some televisual entertainment


I enjoyed Hell on Wheels series 1 , looking forward to seeing what happens to the Swede.

It's not all Wargaming though...

A bit of music , I shall have to wind the Stones upto 11


And some more to add to my collection of Landscape photography books. I can lose myself in these for hours.


A thoroughly wonderful selection of well chosen gifts. Thanks to all my friends and family.

Right I am on cooking duties today.. Off to get the joint in the oven!

P.S. I am going to try switching off Google+ comments as getting fed up with it!






2 comments: