Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 1 April 2014

A spring Blog -Con



Just an update on planning for our second "official" Blog-Con meet up. I have a dedicated room reserved for a meet up on Saturday the 3rd of May ((10.30 - 16.30) at the Yorkshire Air Museum. This is located just outside the historic city of York at an old air base.

BLOG-CON

As a number of us all took part in Curt's Analogue Hobbies paint challenge , and the top 3 point scorers all hail from Yorkshire - well by abode if nothing else (Loki is a cockerney. - jellied eels, pearly kings and that.....) - It only seemed the right thing to do. So if you are interested in coming along - I have limited "official" entry tickets for the museum ,please register an interest on the Blog Con site, or contact me direct.  Nothing of course stopping you popping in and saying hi anyway.


I know a number of you will be meeting up at Salute again this year,- I can't make it this time (but will be watching the t'interweb for your updates!) so it will be great to meet up just a few weeks later if you can join. I am also looking at Autumn event at the Foundry venue - but I am considering Crisis in Antwerp for a social!

Of course we will also have the opportunity to meet up with Curt who is over on his R&R recovering from his winter exertions. I will be bringing the town of "Serenity Flatts" along for a little entertainment between all the jaw-jaw.
 

 I have been working on a few new additions for the game, and when I knew Curt was coming over I could not pass up the opportunity to add a Mountie to the collection. The cards have arrived from Artscow who have had an excellent 20% off and free worldwide shipping offer recently. 


Now what is the yellow chicken all about? ..Where is "Budgie Ray??".





No comments:

Post a Comment