Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 19 July 2014

Public Enemy # 1 - part 1

A few of you will no doubt remember the odd gangster post for last year, so this is not entirely new. However I have decided to start this little project from scratch. I have decided that realistically I won't be able to do all  the work on it myself so have commissioned the fine chaps over at Brigantes Studios to paint up this collection. I will do some work on the buildings, rules etc.

The plan is to make this a simple participation game along the lines of my Old West set up. In fact it will have a direct connection as the Old West town of Serenity Flatts finds itself all grown up and becomes "Serenity City" in the time of Prohibition. The rules will be known as "Public Enemy No1" hence the blog title.

So here I proudly present the first contingent of "Serenity City's" finest boys in blue, complete with thier new transport.

  These are Dixon Miniatures, with a 1/43rd Matchbox Models of Yesteryear Cadillac - I need to change the markings on it with some home made transfers yet.



Really pleased with the job Loki did on these , his choice of blue was excellent



Next up some "bad" guys - who else but "Spats" Saunders all round troublemaker complete with his fast get away car.



The Brothers are also in town with a load of hooch

 The Irish  "Reverend" and his Chicago Typewriter , and "The Badger"complete with his usual yellow trousers.


again more really great work on the suits here by Loki - Cheers! Plenty more to come of this collection

With Tamsin also doing Gangsters I get the feeling there may be be a bit of a turf war at the next Blog Con

EDIT
and with some period shots as request







No comments:

Post a Comment