Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Thursday 23 June 2016

Sudan - The new game display stand, and a thank you.

I am taking the Sudan game to the "Muster on the Parade Ground" show at Stockon on Tees on the 9th of July. I have recently add a display banner for it.It is A4 size pull up . I thought the Mahdi would make a good picture to use. So here it is - sourced from Display Signs Direct


And while mooching around on e-bay looking for something I came across a replica Sun Hat /Pith helmet for the period too - maybe I will make the column commander wear it!


I may have to tea stain it bit more to give a more lived in appearance.

I also recieved a parcel from that fine chap Gary Amos (Happy Valley) of Sudan related books found while clearing his loft - donated free to a good home! Thanks Gary , much appreciated and fine additons to the library.

 

Meanwhile work still continues on extra mounted troops for the Mahdist forces.. more next time

20 comments:

  1. cool, good luck with that. Unfortunately I'm away that weekend so can't make it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you can't make it.. Catch ya next time

      Delete
  2. Dave,
    Look forward to seeing you at Stockton. No doubt the game will be up to your usual very high standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie, yes please pop by... And it will. It's are run of the AMG scenario with a little tweak

      Delete
  3. The game is going to be really nice! Great elements for the display of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stuff! I'm going to have to look into those display stands. Gary is dispensing his largess far and wide!

    I bought my pith helmet from Village Hats - http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/pith-helmets-c_pith_helmets/ They do deals for bulk orders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edwin. Price was good.. Delivery was a bit pricey online, may be better speaking to them and going for flat postage

      Delete
  5. It is the little touches that really sell the quality of this endeavour, fabulous stuff Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, indeed, it's the extras I really enjoy too

      Delete
  6. I only hope the column commander remembers to hand the helmet back, otherwise they'd be taking the pith.
    Not able to go to the show, so I wish you a happy time of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Groan.. Don't give up the day job Roy! Catch ya next time

      Delete
  7. Great looking stand and absolutely live the pith helmet Dave - very nice and just the right amount of style mate. Good luck at Stockton.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a swish little banner Dave. It'll look good by the table. Good luck with the game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great stuff Dave. Shame I won't make Stockton because it looks as though I'll be missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phew! For a minute there I thought you'd used Comic Sans on your sign. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea what it was ... Just looked good!

      Delete