Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 27 March 2017

1 to 1 scale projects. New Man Cave works under way

I have had the existing man cave just over 3 years , and with all the productive work that it has enabled its getting a bit full! We have a bit of refurbishment work planned for this year so I have now been given a new larger room to turn into my day job desk space , and my hobby room. Its one of the larger rooms in the house so it should work well.

The room is the full length of the house with windows at either end . It has had new windows fitted, and new lighting - LED daylight down lights which are switched in 3 sets.
 This end will have the day desk, bookcases and a space for a decent sized games table in the middle. Hopefully that bit will be up and running by the summer. 


The other end will have two desks one on each side. One set up for painting and model making. The opposite one will be set up as a permanent airbrushing area which will ventilate out through the new side opening window.

The loft space above has a large access hatch and ladder and is fully boarded,  so there will be plenty of storage available up there too. 

Work has finished making things worse - its now getting better. All the plaster repair has now  been completed and wall covering completed. Painting to complete through this week.




Flooring is sorted for installation next week,  along with new blinds - it will then be ready to start moving into. 






21 comments:

  1. Wow impressive looking set up no more 'making do' 😛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks . To be faith the old one worked fine for painting ...but this will give me loads more options

      Delete
  2. Every guy needs his own hobby space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a room to myself. Now I have a cupboard. Sniff. I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am gradually moving up from the cupboard!

      Delete
  4. That looks like a splendid space - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it goes without saying that it won't be long until you fill this one too! I had to giggle when I saw the first photograph as I thought Mrs. Docherty had gifted you a room without a door, entombed with your toys - I am so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Michael A. on his one,. I've no doubt you'll fill it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you've certainly got plenty of wall space for pictures.

    Are you planning on running anti-surge multiple socket extensions from the electric sockets? Just curious, when I only saw the two double sockets and then realised you'll be using sensitive electrical equipment it got me thinking on the subject and set me to pondering the logistics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of power points in the correct places once upon a time it did have electric storage heaters so when we went to gas central heating that threw spare wiring to make into sockets , so there are 10 double sockets across the room . There will be some anti surge fitted where the PC , monitor, music etc would be

      Delete
  8. Blimey...I'm just a little bit jealous! My kitchen table just doesn't compare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work and play area Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers.. looking forward to getting it sorted!

      Delete
  10. I'm very envious. My own "cave" is bursting to overflowing and there isn't much prospect of any change there. Your new room will be very fit for purpose, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers... looking forward to getting moved in...!

      Delete