Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Friday, 7 April 2017

The New Man Cave part 3

Its all starting to come together at last. I have moved the paint desk over from its old location. I have also re purposed some furniture recovered from my old day room to create extra hobby storage and dedicated airbrushing and other work area. I should be able to "hide" new stash fairly well now!

The "Hobby" end of the room

dedicated preparation and airbrush area. This as external extractor too. 
 I need to still fit some kind of splashback in this area to protect the walls
Paitn desk - now just for painting
I need to look at shelving options etc still for the books. But for now I am very happy to get things back useable again.

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a great space Dave. Know what you mean about a splash back, I've had a couple of messy accidents with paint that resulted in flecks of colour on me and the walls :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An occupational hazard I think!

      Delete
  2. I am so very envious Dave, but not sure what needing a splash back says about your painting style. :D

    Just as an aside, where are those splendid lamps from and are they any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had the odd mishap shaking paint in my time...

      The lamps are Daylight LED .. they are superb . Got the latest from Amazon
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004ZUJ9H6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers... it's getting there!

      Delete
  4. That looks great!
    Space for hiding new stuff is always a good investment. Got myself a big bureau to take care of that. It, unfortunately, became filled to the brim when I collected all minis and stuff from their dispersed hiding-places :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fear the same may happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You even have a dedicated flocking area- Posh!
    Grats on your new space, and thanks for sharing
    Ths

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great spot to call your own indeed. I fear the AHPC productivity this might generate...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly not a proper set up, nowhere enough paint, shelving, mess, pointless junk or dust :) I guess I am saying this because I am seriously envious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Dave - looking very good indeed mate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way Dave where did you get thos paint stands please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlo , they are Nail Varnish stands , cheap and cheerful . And do the job well
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiNeWaY-ACRYLIC-DISPLAY-BOTTLES-QUALITY/dp/B017J4HI4U/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1491745027&sr=8-6&keywords=Nail+varnish+stand

      Delete
  11. Nice job! Plenty of space too. Who long will it stay like that, I wonder? ;O)

    ReplyDelete

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
Sudan stuff

On the PREPATION table.
Sudan stuff

In the PLANNING
WW2 & modern micro armour