Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Thursday 16 May 2019

Normandy ‘44 - Utah beach defences

The building of the defences for the beach end of the table is coming along with the beach wall , fortification pieces and barbed wire being completed . Next up more beach obstacles and some minefields for the rear of the resistance nest. This will be the first 4 feet of the table as it leads in land .
It’s getting there,,,










16 comments:

  1. Now that looks sensational Dave. The first two pictures actually fooled me a little as they looked like the real McCoy! Very nice mats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sand on mine is darker. very nice. can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really coming together Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking ace Dave! Would love to have a game on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It’s a custom version , size and colours that I asked Deepcut to make for me

      Delete
  6. Looking good hope the game goes well at Partizan 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks huge, realistic...and superb!

    ReplyDelete