Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 31 July 2019

Sudan - Bit more work to do

I have been doing a bit of an audit of the Sudan collection to go through and decide what I want to do with it next in terms of adding units and there is bit of project coming up too (more later) that requires some specific items. I took the opportunity for some new photographs while they were on the table. I need a much bigger table!

Bring on the angry mob!

NSW infantry man the barricade 



I have around another 200 mahdist foot to add .. the build is under way at the moment

4 large bases built and base coated - another 6 at least to go 
I found some old connoisseur 21st Lancers - so they are getting prepared too 

Maxim guns being added - made from Foundry set added to an gn carriage from Irregular and plasticard shield . 


11 comments:

  1. Nice to see a return to this project,I already like the Maxim!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos of a beautiful armies. I love the hex bases; I should have mounted my artillery on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah there is a little method on the madness . They are actually octagons ...that means they butt up neatly against each other . Plus you can put them in the corner of a square at an angle and the troops to the sides butt up neatly too! Try it!

      Delete
  3. Nice work Dave love the machine guns very professional! Interesting mix of bases irregular through to octagonal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tire of seeing this collection Dave, the sight of the angry mob in the second photograph made me physically gulp, an awesome sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely David, no superb. I think Peter Gilder would have been very very envious of the armies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome looking force already! Looking forward to the coming additions, especially the Maxims.

    ReplyDelete