Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Friday 10 January 2020

ACW - Union artillery top up.

As part of the winter painting plan I am now spending a few sessions topping up the 10mm ACW collection.   The first top up is for the Union artillery , which is 9 guns and a limber/caisson team for each.

As with my other ACW stuff they have been finished with thin satin varnish which i think helps the colour to pop a bit more .

Next up more infantry.








5 comments:

  1. That's quite a sight and mighty impressive looking in any scale. I tend to use one limber per battery to represent artillery movement capability but more power to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work! I can't even tell they are only 10MM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those! Great job Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Dave your next demo game is going to be a big one !

    ReplyDelete