Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 12 July 2021

Musings - A visit to the the Royal Welsh Regimental Museum - Brecon

Out holiday property is not far from the Welsh home of the British Army in Brecon. It contains the regimental museum of The Royal Welsh , the successor to a number of historic Welsh regiments . 

It’s a pretty good classic regimental museum with various displays with of course the added attraction of Rorkes Drift. 


 


A very fine diorama of the fight at Rorkes Drift - currently resisting temptation on another project 


 

The standard that flew there during the battle  is on display .

   

Some fine replica and historical uniforms on display 
 

Along with a great medal collection and arsenal room





Well worth a visit 








7 comments:

  1. Looks nice, don't tell anyone but I have enough Zulu stuff to play a game, just not one of your size

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff . Scotty has about 500 of them IIRC

      Delete
  2. Nice little museum, I think we all find it hard not to love the heroic endeavour that was Rorke’s Drift even if the imperial background to the conflict was less than savoury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was fortunate to visit in August 2019 when, because of a VIP visit, they had about 8 of the original VCs out on display.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you -That's superb gem, I must get there next time I'm home

    ReplyDelete