Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 14 September 2022

Nam - adding some new bits

 After a summer of house project work I have finally been able to get the paint desk cleared and get on with some of the pain table lurkers . With an upcoming game at Partizan in October I wanted clear out a few bits . 

First up was a die cast Huey Cobra. It’s had two crew figures added from Full Metal Miniatures and Gringo40s.  The ground crew is by Gringo40s- a great figure . The helicopter-pad is made from A4 MDF and some 10mm XPS with some sandbags picked up from Pendrakem. 


The Cobra has had some highlights added as the paint job was a bit too dark to my eye 


Next up a Marine Corps sniper team , M60 team be a 50 cal crew .


I have also added in a set of NVA Sappers from Gringo40s. 

 

And finally a set of civilians from Empress , plus some pigs picked up from Pendraken . 


A fairly productive couple of days. 




10 comments: