Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 21 March 2023

Nam - ARVN infantry

 I have finished the ARVN infantry platoon . Some of the less favourite units for Nam . 

 

I still need to finish the unit insignia patches , I just haven’t made up my mind on which ones to do yet and will sort that when I add some support elements.


 

They have a mixed bag of weaponry from older Garands to M16’s . 2 M60s .  



As usual these are Gringo40 figures . I have some M113s to paint up for them coming up too . 

Next unit on the table is the Anzac infantry , a mix of Full Metal and Assault Group castings .

At least it feels like I’m into the home straight for this collection . The big game is booked for August 

First scenario play test …:-





5 comments: