Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 27 February 2024

‘Nam - USMC top up

 Another collection gets some love this winter is the ‘Nam. I have made a little hole in the lead pile by completing the outstanding fire support for the Marines . There isn’t that  much left in the lead pile box for this now - until Gringos tempts me with yet more stuff! 

3 M60 teams , 3 81mm Mortars , a 50 cal , and a spare couple of guys I found already undercoated . All by Gringo40s as usual.


Sandbags for the 50 cal base are hand made from milliput.





So here is the completed fire support stuff for the collection 


 

The box is now full - so for now I guess that will have to do ! 


6 comments:

  1. Jed at Gringos really research's his figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Dave, I'm sure it won't take too long in getting that fat wallet out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Dave and of course you needed some more Nam stuff 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course that very true - I have a stack of helicopters and aircraft to do yet !

      Delete