Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday, 31 August 2026

NWF/BoB - Afghan tribesmen

 I have been doing a bit of commission painting recently- mostly 10mm Naps , so it’s been nice to have a few days to do some bits for myself. I picked up some Old Glory North West Frontier stuff a few years ago so I am chipping away at it to add the collection . This time another 26 tribesmen. The OG figs  have lovely lot  of life to them. 


I started with a straight white base coat and then it’s various shades of light brown , a VJ flesh colour was also used . Didn’t take to long to knock em out .


This takes me to 50 foot figures and 10 mounted . I have a few more to add over the winter 

This is the current army of the “Lion of Khulm” - Martins rebellious province 😁








No comments:

Post a Comment