Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday, 30 June 2012

Sudan Forts

Blimey - it's been nearly two weeks since a post - day job is crazy at the moment. But there has been lots of logistical and economic activity going on - along with working on the AWI unit (it is blocked up and work is on with the "fun" of the tartan".

I have been sourcing some more bits for the Sudan. I picked up some rather fine forts from Paul Darnell in York (Touching History) as he is wrapping up doing wargame model making and off to persue new artistic avenues. Certainly a loss to model making.

So here we have a couple of forts for use by the Mahdists forces in the larger campaign game





It's coming along..

4 comments:

  1. These are cute. Sudan becomes more tempting once more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i find new bit to temp me all the time!

      Delete
  2. These forts are really nice. I have been thinking about the great British fort he has in his blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had hoped to get that one as well, but was just too late!

      Delete

Work in hand

The RULES!

No more than 3 things on the PAINTING table at once. Nothing new added until something is finished.

PREPARATION work is done when I don't fancy detail painting. Cleaning up, converting, undercoating etc.

PLANNING is expressions of interest or things that have inspired me to be created with no definite timescale as yet.


On the PAINTING TABLE
10mm ACW, 28mm Stradiots

On the PREPATION table.
ACW Terrain, Egyptian and Sudanese troops for the Sudan

In the PLANNING
Death in the Dark continent stuff
Pulp Alley