Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 30 October 2016

Battleground Show - 26th November

Its coming up time for the bookending show of the year at Stockton on Tees. Battleground as a show seems to be going from strength to strength. A perfect time for stocking up on winter goodies and presents to oneself as well. I really need to get my head around a new project for next year - though that may be subject to a move of the man-cave to new and improved location.


http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/

Myself and friend Steve will have the Sudan collection out this year (we did the cowboys last year).

It will be run as participation - and can take 4-5 players, and takes about 3 hours to play. I have places reserved for "Roy" ; "Roger" and "Martin C"so there are a couple left yet.

                        


I am looking forward to it - so if you are there pop by and say hello..

6 comments:

  1. Oh well if I have a place reserved, I better speak to the Great White Queen about coming up..look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. I'll let somebody else start any native riots, this time around.

    I'm, also, happy to give up my playing place to another (if needed) - I did play this at Shildon, so its only fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it all goes well, lots of photographs please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to be there (hopefully) and seeing your great game again. Maybe this time I won't be under so much time pressure.

    ReplyDelete