Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 21 November 2016

Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge

It is that time of year when our own corner of the blog-o-sphere is invited to particpate in Curts winter painting challenge. Well done Curt..

http://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/the-seventh-annual-analogue-hobbies.html

I have been involved since the second one , and its been a highlight of the year in terms of getting stuff done , and making new friends.

We are running some on line paint and chat sessions amongst the challengers via the Google+ and Facebook pages. So if you would like to meet up "virtually" with fellow particpants feel free to join either/both groups.

I intend to finish the Sudan project this winter - there i said it!





16 comments:

  1. Good luck, Dave...see you in the Paint 'n' Chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The news we have all been waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta have a go at the paint and chat.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I sound muffled when chatting don't adjust your audio, it's just the mask...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall look forward to more of the Sudan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I cannot paint and chat. Painting table and puter are in different rooms! I wish you well in the challenge.

    I am wondering what figures I will paint to represent the bloggers this year... I have a choice Science fiction or 20th century.... If you reply feel free to make the decision for me. One choice does include NUNS The other criminals!!!!

    Cheers mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nuns... that's a classic...

      Delete
    2. get the mind bleach ready... Millsy as a Nun!

      Ray also suggested Nuns! I am not sure what it says about bloggers!!!

      Delete
    3. The mind bleach superstrength version is on order

      Delete