Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 13 November 2017

Time to prep... winters coming..

My peak painting production time is fast approaching - I have been stocking up on lead and mdf over the summer , so I have made a start on going through it , just to see if there are any extra bits required. I will be at the Battleground show in Stockton on Tees later this month with a small shopping list !



I intend to take the Sudan project to its final phases - ok it will never actually finish but all the major items will be done. I have some key Imperial units left to do and a significant uplift to the Egyptians and Sudanese army units. Well with 3 x7 litre boxes of lead there is still a lot to do.



There are some interesting mdf kits in the to do list


A bunch of resin items to add to the river options 

and I have a pretty good stock of bases , but you can be sure I will need some of some sizes I don't have  

Oh and another whole new project in the wings .. back to tanks!



As for other bits on the go ...I am working on clearing the desk of 10mm ACW terrain and Union infantry , and some 28mm Stradiots for the Snowlord. They are getting there, starting to get some nice colour on them 


Its going to be busy!





29 comments:

  1. Nobody does projects on a scale like you Dave. The highlight for me will be that paddle steamer, it might even inspire me to unpack mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed,,, its one I am looking forward too myself

      Delete
  2. Well nobody can accuse you of doing things on the small side!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have all been at this point sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Sudan project! I got about 750 more dervishes to plow thru next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff - just read through all your Sudan stuff - so brilliant and so inspirational for my own project - thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks .. glad you found something to inspire

      Delete
  6. Cool. Are you doing the 1944 French in US equipment? Be something different, if you were! (what d'ya mean, 'no')

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck to you Sir. I wish you well.

    Personally I am still undecided about entering this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your prep is always an inspiration, Dave, as is your delightful company on the Google Chat. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you come up with this year - your photo of the red-jacketed British from last year is still one of my fave hobby pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha!! indeed - i hope to have another great Brit unit this time too

      Delete
  9. Oooh, I want to get those steamers as well. Nice! AND those Stradiots are looking rather tasty. Well done, my man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were in last years "stock" but never go to them!

      Delete
  10. That is all a little scary 😱 looking forward to seeing the progress though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you're aiming for a serious level of output this year once again. Looking forward to seeing the steamers especially mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A last big push for this . Then I will switch to smaller projects!

      Delete
  12. And I thought I had a large lead mountain!

    ReplyDelete