Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 21 October 2019

Sudan - Steamer and Egyptian Battallion

The latest additions completed . First up is the third steamer for the flotilla . It’s based on bits from a resin Grand Manner stern wheel one I picked up a while ago. I built new superstructure from foam board, plasticard and also some printed card bits I had designed using PowerPoint.  It is to represent a vessel from later in the period and has some heavier weapons , a ,12lb , 3lb and 2 maxim guns - these were all sourced from HLBS - nice pieces. I have made it so  the various flags and ensigns are swappable.



the sailors are a pack I had from Pulp Miniatures- very nice sculpts . I also think this one will see duty on some pulp games I am sure.






Next a 48 figure unit for the Egyptian Army . All Perry figures . Just 1 left to do of these now




I just need to do a last sort through the Sudan lead pile boxes to see what I have left to do - its much reduced at least!

19 comments:

  1. Magnificient troops and boat, well done Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work - that steamer looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the steamer and infantry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's an impressive vessel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking gunboat! The Egyptian infantry look ace too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stuff mate! Surely your steamer needs a name?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember going down The Nile in the 1990s on a vessel almost as fine as that, minus the artillery! I think I prefer your tabletop version, though. Wonderful work, Dave !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a collection Dave, and three steamers, not many gamers can tick that off in 28mm. A great build.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sight! Really love the steamer and crew.

    ReplyDelete