Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 30 January 2023

Gaming - Napoleonics in the Grand Manner

 I have had another visit to see the Vienna Wargamers and participate in another of the large game offerings . 

This time we were doing the Northern side of Leipzig around Mockern and then the French being pushed back even further by the combined might of the various allied armies . After the first two days the table was re-set to move the battlefield closer to Leipzig .

A great few days gaming was had - great company.

The first allied assault heads towards Mockern - it heavily outnumbered the Polish defenders - who would repulse the first go,at it . 
Other than that I have mislaid my notes since getting home! 









 

And it wouldn’t be a trip to Vienna without Coffee and cake 





3 comments: