Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 25 January 2023

Normandy ‘44 . More new buildings.

Having done a lot of green related Nam stuff I felt the need to do something different. Last year I had picked up some more 3D printed items to add to the collection - mostly from Highland 3D . The water tower is an unusual piece adding some extra height to the table. The railway station is a most definite French design along with the garage building . The others are mostly variations on town buildings. 

First up though James had found a 15mm French infantryman that I was able to repurpose into a classic war memorial that you see in every small town.





The town set up is now covering around 4x4 . The next stage is to base up the buildings into sets with back yards ‘ gardens etc to bring it life some more .

I don’t think I have posted the Carantan arches set before which was completed in the autumn so here they are too. The set was by Patrick in Germany .They match in nicely with the resin Tiger Terrain pieces .



In addition I knocked out a few 10mm ACW buildings while doing these .


Overall a productive week, so time for something new I think 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful buildings Dave 👍 a village becomes a town

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent real estate development!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Dave. They look the part indeed mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely job indeed Dave! I'm going to have to go at those Carentan arches one day myself :-)

    ReplyDelete