Just click To get WBQ HERE
Picking up those brushes again.
I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.
I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.
Friday 14 August 2015
Sunday 9 August 2015
Coconuts ...well Palm trees at least. It seems summer has turned up this weekend which allowed me the opportunity to work in the garden on some terrain items for the Sudan.
I picked up a few packs of 9cm and 13cm palm trees from e-bay for £21 about 100 pieces altogether. Not bad as sent from China too. I pinned and glued these to 2mm MDF bases from Warbases with a range of sizes on the bases , and the odd few I also cut down and extra cm or so to give variety. A bit of PVA and sand added , which is then given a light colour dry brush. Once all dry , I gave them a hit with some Matt varnish.
Next up I wanted to make some Acacia trees/bushes, that could be found across Sudan and were used to make Zaribas. A few years ago I had picked up a pile of Woodland Scenics tree armatures, so some of these were twisted into a rough shape, hot glued to bases, and sprayed a dark grey. I then hot glued onto the branches some rubberised horsehair , and shaped and pulled it about , this was then sprayed dark grey too. Everything is then given a light colour drybrush. Neat PVA is painted onto the horsehair and I then added some brown leave scatter (I will do some more with green as well I think). Basing is straight PVA and sand again. One everything was dry I hit the foliage with some extra firm hold hairspray which will reduce any chance of it dropping off.
If you are interested , but can't find rubberised horsehair in your usual model outlets , try looking for upholstery suplliers. I picked up a sheet that was 6 foot by 4 , and an inch thick for £30. It will last me an age!
I have based these on hex bases to easily allow me to create differing shape collections of them .
Overall a nice productive, and relaxing weekend.
Monday 3 August 2015
I have finally managed to get some time in the man cave today. It certainly seems to have been an age. I have managed to stock up the lead pile though , and it should keep me busy over the autumn and winter alright.
Also I have sourced some more terrain items for the Sudan - some rather fine city walls
All together a grand total of 8 feet of walls and towers. These were completed by Andrew over at The Colonial Steamboat Company. I shall be getting a few more bits as well.
I also have the first large terrain cloth cut to size ready for working on. That is if we manage to have a dry weekend so I can do it outside.
Anyway, short and sweet, but I am back around and will be catching up with things