Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 23 June 2013

The boy is back...

Normal service has been resumed. The last few months have been a hectic whirl juggling a host of things resulting in little hobby time.





 Many thanks to the guys who have been in contact enquiring for my welfare, much appreciated, another great side to the blogger community.

The lead mountain has been completely topped up with a whole host of extras for the "Old West"  collection. Talking of which I am taking it out on the road again next week to Scarborough for the Wartorn show, so if you are there pop by and say hello, or pull up a chair and try your hand at "Blazing Dice" in Serenity Flatts.

I shall be back around you blogs this week catching up.

The paint desk has a project or 3 on it again , so some new creations to share shortly.

So for now will leave you with a bit of Thin Lizzy.....




16 comments:

  1. Good to have you back with us Dave - you have been missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I saw them on that tour...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...not only that, but I found some pictures of the very concert I was at.. this was the Bad Reputation tour, I saw them again the next year (Black Rose tour) ... a mis-spent youth... :o)

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/saltburger/3893178182/in/set-72157622319725298

      Delete
    2. great find.. and memories

      Delete
  3. Good to have you back, yet more eye candy to follow I guess :-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoop! Whoop! Good to have you back my good man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, my friend. New projects? Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Dave - we missed you!

    ReplyDelete