Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 30 November 2013

Did you win? and the new man cave is up and running.

It was draw time for my give away for 100,000 hits and 150 followers. So first i just wanted to say welcome to all those new followers over the last few weeks. So with no further delay here are the results

Prize 1 - Gladiator Blu Ray  - Kev at the cabin
Prize 2 - Dieppe - Gary Amos
Prize 3 - Wagram - Peter Bonami
Prize 4 - Korea Edwin King
Prize 5 - Marengo Mike Hert
Prize 6 - Anatomy of Glory a popular choice this one! - Panzerkaput
Prize 7 - Mincemeat - Brendon Watts
Prize 8 - WW1 - Magpie Phyllion

Congratulation one and all - I hope you enjoy them as much as i have. So if you drop me your delivery address details - you can contact me via the link at the left hand side of the blog  I will get them out to you.

Finally I now have the new man cave up and running - it seems an age since i painted something.


nice new paint racks- i got hold of a couple of nail varnish racks - they are nicely tiered so its easy to see

Entertainment sorted with the wifi on ipad , and its connected  to a decent speaker system with a rather large subwoofer under the table.

I have sorted out a gaming / projects table - on trestles - its 6 foot x 4 18mm MDF nice and solid  - its in the corner at the moment while I sort out projects
talking of projects - here are few tasters for next year

first the mine project. Extras from Ainsty now ready to go.

second , the centre piece for my Mexican village - for a Marvelous 7 game perhaps at next years Blog -Con


Out in the country - a ranch house - with the imminent arrival of the U.S. Cavalry into the collection (Thanks to Galloping Majors new releases - and once painting proper starts for Curts challenge) - and extra Apaches there must a scenario of 3 there i think...

My friend Steve has handed over a fort - for one of next years projects...back to the Sudan or the Sahara..

This weekend has seen the arrival of the obligatory parcel from Warbases..


Right I am off to to do some prep work - and to try and crack off Doug C's Highlanders - before the challenge starts -who have been hanging around far too long!! It's good to be back painting with a size 1 brush rather than a 4 inch one!



No comments:

Post a Comment